Reflect Questions are designed to help you apply Sunday’s sermon to the everyday stuff of life. Prayerfully reflect on these questions throughout the week and consider discussing them with your home group.
Questions for reflection:
- Why is salvation by works bad news while salvation by grace is good news?
- Dr Williams gave a breakdown of church history and the constant need for reformation. Did you learn anything that was both new and insightful?
- “In Christ” – By repeathing this phrase, Paul is teaching the Ephesians a massive truth in this passage. Your identity is primarily in Christ. Is your identity built on your relationship in Christ or on other people, places, things, identities, or statuses? What would those closest to you say about you?
- Note the phrase, “to the praise of His Glory” in verses 5-14. Then read Habakkuk 2:14 and Romans 11:36. What does this tell you about why God created us, why God saved us, and why God sanctifies us?
- In what ways are you tempted to seek salvation (a sense of feeling right with God) in yourself rather than in Christ?