This week’s questions:
- Read Ephesians 2:11-22 and make note of what phrases Paul uses to descibe our new state as Christians. What does this teach us about our new state as Christians? Should we view ourselves as autonomous, independent individuals?
- How does a better grasp of this idea that we are “a people” affect our interactions in the local church?
- Read Ephesians 4:11-16. Building on Paul’s comments in verse 14-16, what would be some signs of spiritual immaturity and how do we combat that threat together?
- What does this whole passage (Ephesians 4:11-16) teach us about the nature of Christian growth?
- How does this confront the person who thinks of himself or herself as a solo / lone-ranger Christian?
As we’ve been announcing over the last few weeks, on September 15 we have our first Membership Matters class. If KXC is your church home (or if you are considering making it your church home), please make sure you register for this class.
If you’re looking to dive deeper into learning about church membership, we recommend the following book:
- Church Membership by Jonathan Leeman